Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Stop Motion!

One of my projects for this year is to teach myself the art of animation. I've already put together this ugly goose/ostrich thing I made in ms paint. I used the video effect to make it look like a black and white cartoon from the '30s, and gave it only three frames of animation. So I just put in a continuous loop on windows media player and watch it move like one of those LCD character sprites you would control in an old Tiger Electronics games. It cracks me up every time I look at it. I'm not going to post it on here though. It's just too embarrassing to put up. After that I experimented with stop-motion animation with just using my little digital camera. I would take pictures of each motion and put the picture as a frame in the storyboard of Windows Movie maker. I did a test first with my hand (which at some point I need to expand on.).





Then the next idea was to do it with Lego men. And since they are from the medieval Lego set, I have a huge battle scene planned for the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment