Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Bummer and half!

Well... I wanted to do so much to this blog, but now I am on hiatus for awhile seeing that my computer is busted! Aaaah! I had all of my pictures and other projects I was working on. Around the middle of March, my computer couldn't keep itself from crashing constantly. I couldn't work on any videos, or watch them after I uploaded them without the computer freaking out and restarting itself. And then there were the issues with Firefox and the Flashplayer plugin not apporiately working together. Because of this problem, Firefox would crash and restart. I tried changing out to different web browsers, but the same results would ensue. When I think upon it, I guess that's what I get when I expect a seven year old computer to keep up with the constant changes and upgrades on the internet. I think it's weird how much dependency I have put into the computer when it comes to expressing my creativity. I have had fun with some of the projects that I've been piecing together, however I don't need this (as I'm ranting about it on my art blog...)as my complete tool for creativity. The computer just made it more convienient for me to be able to do things that would have required me to have a studio and and lots of equipment, and tools to produce say like animation, or photographs, or movies. Now with the loss of the computer, I've been reduced to making everything work out of necessesity. And your probably wondering what I mean by "necessity". As if I'm a pretentious jerk making this whole situation sound like some analogy about how it is important for me to create. Yeah, creating things is a necessity for me. When I'm not doing it I hunger. I'm starving for the art, rather than starving because of the art. So because of the lack of convienience that I don't have with the computer, I now will go forth and find the equipment, or other methods to be able make things. And when I have a running computer of my own, I will not become to dependent on it fully, but use it as a tool like all the other media. Until then, I'll do what I can! Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment